Jun 20, 2018
Kaliningrad infrastructure is ready to accept guests and spectators of FIFA World Cup 2018. Local travel companies have developed unique tours for travellers to help them join the matches of favourite football teams and also meet Russian culture and host city.
What changes were made for city guests’ and spectators’ convenience: signes, “red line” spectators footpath, Kaliningrad region 3D-guide, tourist information office, infokiosks and special tours: Food Goal, Don’t Sle-e-ep and Kissing points.
Special branded routes were developed in the region:
- fortification route with visits to Königsberg defence works, Teutonic order castles and Christian relics
- amber route for shopping, amber-therapy and SPA
- ecological route with a visit to Kurshskaya Kosa national park and Vishtynetsky nature park
Food Goal Tour
The tour offers football spectators visits to popular places in the city center and see the variety of regional gastronomic culture and brewing traditions, as well as taste the football menu.
- “Tyotka Fisher” restaurant (Shevchenko ul. 11a) — German restaurant with Russian soul.
- “U Gasheka” (Leninsky prospect, 1) — Czech tavern. Music club.
- “Khmel” restaurant (Ploschad Pobedy, 10) — restaurant-brewery decorated as Russian factory.
- “Tirol” Tavern (Prospect Mira, 50-56). Beer tavern. “Best football menu — 2017” contest winner.
- “Baklazhan” cafe (Ploschad Pobedy, 1) — for gourmands and delicacies lovers.
- “Myasorubka” Loft-bar (Leninsky prospect, 18) — experimental menu. Concerts and parties.
- “Street chef cafe” (Teatralnaya ul, 21) — indoor street food.
- “Harry Johnson Bar” (Prospect Mira, 50-56) — for admirers of bar culture.
Gamification elements are implemented throughout the tour (“complete a task and get a prize!”).
Don’t Sle-e-ep Tour
All facilities will be open till 06:00 in the morning on matches days. During the tour, guests will visit tourist attractions and go to a party in the evening.
Museums and exhibition halls
- Kaliningrad Regional Museum of History and Arts
- Museum of Fine Arts
- "Bunker’ Museum
- World Ocean Museum
- “Fridland Gates” Museum of City History
- Amber Museum
Night clubs and dances
- “Atlantica” (Leninsky prospect, 42B)
- Kaliningrad City Jazz Club (Prospect Mira, 33)
- “Planeta” restaurant club (Chernyakhovskogo ul. 26)
- Platinum Club (Dm. Donskogo ul., 19)
Kissing Points Tour
A list of 10 main sightseeing points with a view to most attractive Kaliningrad spots was prepared especially for those who are fond of walks through the city.The list provides GPS coordinates of places to take a successful selfie.
- World Ocean Museum (Naberezhnaya Petra Velikogo, 1) 54.707017, 20.507337
- Estakada bridge (Lenin prospect) 54.707017, 20.507337
- Jubilee bridge (Oktyabrskaya ul. 8) 54.702407, 20. 514510
- Fisher village (Oktyabrskaya ul. 8) 54.704522, 20.514990
- Lower pond (Naberezhnaya Marinesco) 54.714933, 20.517399
- Amber museum (Ploschad Marshal Vasilevsky, 1) 54.721981, 20.522969
- Rosgarten gates (Ploschad Marshal Vasilevsky, 1) 54.721884, 20.523752
- Upper pond (Verkhneozernaya ul.) 54.724816, 20.517221
- “Junost park” (Telman ul., 3) 54.727716, 20.514726
- Botanic garden (Lesnaya ul.) 54.737833, 20.519083
Kaliningrad is ready to accept guests and impress spectators with exciting entertainments!